In 1910, the Comstock family, owners of the Indian Root factory, built a hall on Main Street with a magnificent stage. It became the social center for the town. In the early 20’s the building was sold to the village for village offices and a polling place. Over the years, the building that now houses the Gateway Museum has been a fire extinguisher factory, fire department and a furniture store. In 2003, the building was purchased to house the Gateway Museum. Using funds generously donated by local citizens and money from New York State agency grants, the building has been renovated and is, once again, a center for community cultural activities.
(and during Special Events)
All concerts will be held at 7:00 PM at the Gazebo. If rain, the event will be moved to the Spilman Auditorium in the Gateway Museum on Main Street.